Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wedding in Utah

This weekend we went to Utah for a wedding. Two of the members from the Chicago 5th ward got married and we were invited to the festivities. Carol was a huge help on the mission and I was so grateful that she decided to get married in the Salt Lake Temple so I could be there. She looked gorgeous!

Randi came up to Salt Lake with us and dropped us off at the temple. We felt bad when we got to the temple and the temple assistant informed us that the wedding wasn’t for about another hour. I thought I had read the announcement correctly, but apparently they had taken care of the 30 minutes early for us when they printed the announcements. I assumed we needed to be there early as the ceremony would begin at the time indicated on the announcement. So we decided we would come back in about a half hour and wait at that point. We called Randi to let her know of my mess-up and she decided since it was a nice day she’d come back and wait for us to finish and would read a book at the tables outside the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. She was a little tired when we got done with the ceremony, but good thing she was able to spring back to her normal chipper self in just a few minutes.


These are some pictures of us outside the temple that Randi took. She was trying to highlight my belly.


After the pictures we walked over to the South Visitor’s Center and checked out the small replica of the Salt Lake Temple they have. It was awesome! They built it and then cut it open so you could see what the rooms looked like. I thought the assembly hall was especially cool as I had never seen it before.
Then we headed over to my Aunt LaWayne’s to drop Randi off and hang out with her for a little bit before we needed to be back at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for dinner. Dinner was great and we had fun at the reception. Thanks for getting married Carol!


After the reception we went back to my aunt’s to wait for my mom to arrive. She came bearing gifts of Easter! (Thanks for not making us wait to open them.) Around 11:30 we decided it was time to head back to Randi’s.

The next day we got to hang out with my mom and my aunt, Mara, and Sammy too! Mara came with the girls to Hobby Lobby where I got to pick out fabric for some projects Randi is doing for me. I’m not sure she enjoyed her 2 hours in Hobby Lobby, but we enjoyed having her along.

Rudy and Sammy went shooting with Cass. It seemed like they had a lot of fun until they ran out of skeet and the rifle broke. Thanks for taking them to do manly things Cass! (Sorry no pictures from them because I had the camera at Hobby Lobby). After we were all back at Randi’s my mom had to head for home and took my aunt to Salt Lake. Thanks for coming to see us!!

We were supposed to go back to Salt Lake that night for another reception, Carol’s little sister, but we decided to kick it with Mara, Sammy, and David. Before we headed over to the Bolingbroke's we stopped at Smith's for some soda, cake, and gas. I love how they've changed the rewards system so we were able to get $.70 off a gallon!! We finally paid under $3.o0!



We played a nice game of Apples to Apples and then some Wii. Sammy and Rudy sure had fun!




The next day we went to church with Randi and Cassidy, had some tasty dinner,

and then headed for the warmth of Vegas! We knew BJ was missing us terribly and didn’t want him to start crying so we called it a weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you beat me posting abuot the weekend. I guess I know what I will be doing tonight :) And BTW it was closer to 12:30 when we left LaWayne's the first night. Otherwise we would have been waiting a lot longer for Cass to get home and unlock the door :) Thanks again for coming to visit.

    ReplyDelete